Home city guide talegaon dabhade

Talegaon Dabhade

Talegaon Dabhade
Source

Literally meaning lake town, Talegaon Dabhade is a small historic town and municipal council, located in the Mawal Taluka of Pune District in Maharashtra. It is known for its several beautiful brimming lakes and pleasant weather. It is situated 35 kilometers from the district headquarters – Pune and 120 kilometers from the state capital - Mumbai.

Since it is situated at an elevation of 2200 feet, higher than Maharashtra’s famous hill station – Lonavla (2047 feet), it has a pleasant climate throughout the year. It is also home to several agro-based multinational organizations and is known for its thriving poultry industry, which is considered the largest poultry belt in entire Asia.

Demographics of Talegaon Dabhade

According to India Census 2011, Talegaon Dabhade has a population of 75,854, out of which 55% of the population was male and the rest 45% were females. The average literacy rate over here is 83%, which is more than the national average of 59.5%. While male literacy is at 89%, female literacy in Talegaon Dabhade is 82%. About 11% of the population over here was below the age of 6 years.

Talegaon is also known for a very famous cultural organization called Kalapini, which is known for providing exposure to amateur stage artists for the past 38 years from Maluka Taluka and PCMC rural area. Kalapini strives for social development through various forms of arts such as acting, music, dancing and drawing. People from all age groups can become members of Kalapini and showcase their talent to the world. Founded in 1977, this organization has overcome various hurdles and helped several artists fulfill their dreams.

How to Reach Talegaon Dabhade

By Rail

Talegaon Dabhade Railway Station lies on the Mumbai – Pune rail route and serves as an important stop for Pune’s suburban railway trains. It has five lines, two platforms and one footbridge. The land for the construction of this railway station was given by the Sardar Dabhade family to the British government. However, currently it is owned by the Indian railways. Talegaon Dabhade Railway Station is the nearest railway station for Talegaon village and the General Motors plant in Pune District.

Talegaon Station Locals and Lonavla Locals are the Suburban trains that stop here. Pune Deccan Express, Kolhapur Sahyadri Express and Kolhapur Koyna Express are the express trains that stop here while Karjat Passenger, Pandharpur Passenger, Bijapu Passenger and Shirdi Passenger are the passenger trains that stop here.

By Road

Situated very close to Pune and Mumbai, Talegaon is just a couple of hours drive along the Bor Ghat from these two major cities in Maharashtra.

By Air

Pune Airport is the nearest domestic and international airport, located just 44 kilometers from Talegaon Dabhade.

Facts and Figures about Talegaon Dabhade

District Name: Pune District
District Headquarters: Pune
Taluka: Mawal
State: Maharashtra
Coordinates: 18.72°N  73.68°E
Language: Hindi, Marathi, Kannada and Marwari
Population of Talegaon Dabhade: 75,854
Literacy Rate: 83%
Pin: 410506
Vehicle Registration: MH 12 and MH 14
Time zone: IST (UTC+5:30)
Best Time to Visit: Throughout the year
Nearest Airport: Pune Airport

116
  • SHARE THIS
  • TWEET THIS
  • SHARE THIS
  • COMMENT
  • LOVE THIS 0
  • E-mail

Comments / Discussion Board - Talegaon Dabhade

Loader